Case Study #3
- Medication packaging system originally written for DOS using proprietary data
structures needed to be redeveloped for Windows. Our client's goals were to produce
a feature rich system that is easier to use, with no loss of user data, and which
could be a single or multi-user implementation without headache.
Design and develop client/server software providing easy to use drop down menus, and
point & click interface and keyboard support for users unfamiliar
with the mouse.
- Develop conversion routines for the existing data to be
used in the new system.
- Provide import ability of new data from the pharmacy system.
- Enhancements over the years have included:
- Design and develop a real time TCP/IP gateway interface
to capture additions and changes in the pharmacy system.
- Design and develop a real time data share system. Only packaging specific
data is entered in our system, all other data is shared from the pharmacy system.
- Develop enhanced reporting features.
- Our client reports a dramatic decrease in support calls since
- Customers' reactions to the Windows software has been extremely positive.
- Our client reports increased referrals from current users for the packaging software.
- Customers' reactions to the user criteria specified, detailed reports have been extremely positive.
- BETA sites' reactions to the new (April/May, 2003) data share software system is overwhelmingly positive.
[TechnoSpeak Level 1]